The exterior of your home is the first thing which people look at. A home which has a good looking exterior always tends to stand out. If you want to make a lasting impression and also improve the aesthetic appeal of your home, rendering is a great option. Rendering involves the use of a protective coating which is added to the walls to give it a smooth and classy finish. Rendering can also be made of pebble dash, it has a somewhat old world charm. No matter what kind of render you choose, it can instantly give a face lift to otherwise drab and old looking walls.
Rendering is necessary if you walls have any of the following issues:
- Presence of damp or moisture issues. Moisture can enter the walls of your home from the outside. Rending can take care of keeping the moisture at bay.
- Algae, mould and moss can cause the walls to look old and depleted. Also it’s pretty unattractive to look at. A smooth rendering finis can take care of the mould and keep it away.
- If the paint of the walls tends to get discoloured in very less time, it’s time to take a look at acrylic rendering. Other rendering options are available as well all depending upon the budget that you have in mind.
- If the mortar of the wall is crumbling, there are pebble dash issues or the brickwork has started to erode, all these issues can be dealt with immediately.
The following are some of the benefits of rendering. These include:
- It can improve the aesthetics of your home and also help protect your property from weathering and elements.
- It is a great long term investment. If you ever plan to sell your home, the rendered walls are a sort of a home improvement and can help you fetch a better price.
- It is water proof so damp and moisture can’t enter your home.
- It also offers thermal protection for your home.
Keep in mind that the cheapest option is spray rendering. It is relatively quick easily done and is well within the budget as well. Also coloured render is most low maintenance. There is no need to repaint the render and it looks great even after year of wear and tear. Most rendering Sydney is pretty resilient and no amount of harsh weather can take away from its perfect look.
Another important feature of acrylic render is that it has a huge variety of colours which you could choose from. Most of the rendering comes along with a thirty year warranty while rendering is more expensive than a paint job, yet it also lasts a great deal longer and is more resilient to the elements.
Silicon render is one of the most popular choice for smart home owners. While it is also the most expensive kind, it is actually breathable and can allow for the best thermal protection for your home.