Roller garage door require proper maintenance to ensure that these stay in the right working order. The main reason is that a garage door is supposed to be one of the heaviest items you have in your home, it is therefore necessary to test it on a frequent basis.
If you take a look at the user manual you would see all the directions for lubrication and adjustments in there. However, if you have lost the user manual or don’t own one you can go for ordering a replacement copy.
However, you can still start by carefully assessing the door springs, cables, rollers and all the door hardware. If you see any broken or frayed parts, it’s time to call in professional help for roller doors in Central coast. While you might consider going for the minor repairs on a do it yourself basis, it’s always better to get professional help. Since automatic garage doors come with many attachments and sensors its best to let a professional handle everything.
You can spray light weight oil or a silicon spray for lubricating the rollers on the door. However some user manuals even advice the use of white lithium grease. Just make sure to use the lubrications which has been specifically suggested for your garage roller door.
Also keep an eye out for the balance of the door. It should be tested on a periodic basis. First disconnect the automatic opener release mechanism. Next try to open the door manually. It should lift with a smooth motion and shouldn’t give a lot of resistance. Plus it should stay open at least three to four feet above the ground without any difficulty. However failure to remain open at this level means that the balance is out and needs to be seen by a professional service person.
Some precautionary tips for people with roller garage doors
- Avoid standing or walking under a moving garage door
- Also try to keep the children or pets away from garage doors. Also any transmitters and remote controls should be kept strictly out of reach of children. Also it should be made sure that the push button on the wall should be at least five feet and above from the ground.
- In case you see that the door can be raised without difficulty yet won’t close properly, there could be some problem with the safety beam sensors. These could have become faulty or misaligned. Make sure you call in a professional to checkout this problem.
- A remote control which isn’t working properly could be due to faulty batteries. Perhaps the antenna would need to be repaired. In any case, checking out the remote every now and then is a good idea.
- A door which keeps reversing every time it opens could be obstructed at the binding. However it could also be due to the wrong sensitivity setting.
By keeping all the above mentioned things in mind, contact Central Coast Garage Doors and More. …